The Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports ‘ Youth Report shows that only a quarter of young people (15-30 years) in the Czech Republic are actively involved in sports clubs (the EU average is 34 percent). Studies in Bulgaria show that problems at the national level are even more serious. Such research for Turkey is lacking. According to the results of the New Eurobarometer on sport and physical activity, 46 percent of the EU population never sports.
Our goal is to strengthen young people’s opportunities and their own potential for active leisure spending through sport fitness activities. Through an international exchange of best practices and experience, the project aims to create opportunities for free online youth education and to provide a tool for youth workers to enhance this potential. The problem this project seeks to reduce is the abuse of anabolic steroids, which according to NMS reaches 5.4 percent. The project aims to meet the needs of young people, focusing on the development of youth’s physical activities with emphasis on fitness, the prevention of pathological social phenomena, the prevention of anabolic steroid abuse, the strengthening of critical thinking in connection with fitness lifestyle, the prevention of health damage through the incorrect technique of fitness activities, the invitation The project includes 18 outgoing LTTA participants and 6 outgoing accompanying persons and local participants, 18 outgoing transnational meeting participants and local participants. The project also involves 2,000 participants in online educational activities and 300 participants in face-to-face educational activities. They will be selected from youth based on their interest in sports fitness activities. Within five years from the end of the project, educational activities will take place in all partner countries for at least 300 project target group members. There will be three LTTAs focusing on the project goals described above and three transnational meetings. The project’s goals will be achieved by realizing the following partial outputs, continuously generated by a team of experts including youth professionals, fitness professionals and fitness sportsmen with the appropriate implementation of partial tasks in LTTAs and transnational meetings. These will be primarily a structured set of free online educational materials including educational videos, a methodological guide for trainers that takes into account the involvement of disadvantaged young people in fitness activities, recommendations for European and Turkish non-profit organizations active in the field of sport to increase the motivation of the target group to seek fitness. The project will have an impact on LTTA participants in newknowledge and/or skills of participants in motivational incentives to engage in sporting activities, motivating youth to perform sporting activities, the dangers of using anabolic steroids, integrating disadvantaged youth into fitness activities, injury prevention and healthy sports nutrition. Participants will develop the ability to communicate in English, interpersonal communication, define themselves against prejudice, racism and xenophobia, use the European Youth Pass and Europass passports. The project will impact participants in transnational meetings by developing their IT skills, professional / scientific, dissemination, and organizational skills. The project will have an impact on partner organizations through their intensive involvement in non-profit international networks, the development of co-workers’ expert knowledge and skills, and the development of their project management skills. Europe for you, z.s. develops a sustainability plan for key project outputs. All processed outputs will be available online free of charge at least 5 years after the end of the project. The project will be useful in the long run by opening free online fitness education for European youth, providing training in fitness activities and for disadvantaged youth through a published methodological guide in English, improving the quality and involvement of young people in sporting activities by drawing up recommendations for European and Turkish non-profit organizations active in sporting activities. Ours goals
- 1. A structured set of free educational materials (from Champions Factory) containing educational videos (led by Europe for you, z.s.) and developing youth critical thinking about sport fitness activities-continuous creation by a team of professionals including professionals, fitness professionals and youth fitness instructors with appropriate implementation.
- 2. Methodical manual for trainers taking into account the involvement of disadvantaged youth in fitness activities-continuous creation by a team of experts including professionals, fitness professionals and youth fitness instructors (photographic material) with the appropriate implementation of partial work in LTTAs and transnational meetings.
- 3. Recommendations for European and Turkish non-profit organizations (under the leadership of SULTANGAZI OLIMPIK SPOR KULUBU DERNEGI) active in the field of sport to increase the motivation of the target group to self-initiate the search for fitness activities and to learn the correct techniques for their implementation and to learn about healthy lifestyle-professionals including fitness professionals.
- 4. Educational activities for at least 300 project target group members in all partner countries — organization of face-to-face and online educational activities with demonstrable involvement ofat least 300 target group members (number of visitors attending activities, number of visits to educational videos, number of visits and responses to the project’s web or FB pages)
- 5. Project website— Developed by experts working with Europe for you, z.s., materials will be uploaded by a Turkish partner
- 6. FB Project Page — Create members of Europe for you, z.s. The responsible person is the chairman of the association right at the beginning of the project, the materials will be continuously uploaded by the Turkish partner
- 7. Popularization of European tools Youthpass and Europass Language passport— creation during / after return from LTTAs and transnational meetings of team members of partner organizations and outgoing participants
- 8. Certificate of Participation for Outbound Participants in Project Activities Abroad-Provided by Host Organization
- 9. Project implementation course documentation-publishing on the project’s web and Facebook pages (LTTA photographs, videos, processed materials, programs and protocols, Erasmus + Project Results Platform)
- 10. Presentation of partner organizations