The overhand bicep curl is a form of curling that targets both the biceps and forearms. Your standard bicep curl uses an underhand grip, with your palms facing up. This movement feels natural both in concept and execution.
- As stated above, they are essentially the same movement, with just a switch in grip.
- This switch changes how the muscles in your arms are targeted, but you are still working your arms effectively.
- I would suggest that overhand bicep curl will take more skill to properly perform with good form and control.
- Whereas, the standard bicep curl is fairly easy to learn and perform — the only real limit is your strength level.
- For the overhand bicep curl, your strength level, grip, and stabilization all play a much bigger role.