Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Lying triceps extensions are one of the most stimulating exercises to the entire triceps muscle group in the upper arm. It works the triceps from the elbow all the way to the latissimus dorsi.
- Lie on a flat bench with feet on the ground and head hanging just off the top of the bench, so that the edge of the bench rests in the pit between neck and head.
- Take the barbell with an overhand grip (palms away from body) and hold it out above the head so that the arms are supporting the weight. Do not hold the arms straight over the face at 12 o’clock, but rather at an angle more like 10 o’clock, with feet at 3 o’clock. All of the weight should be on the triceps.
- Now bend the arms at the elbow, bringing the bar down close to the top of the forehead.
- Keep the elbows in the same position, do not let them sway outward.
- Press back up to starting 10 o’clock position.
- Try to avoid moving your elbows too much;
- try to keep them the same width apart during the whole movement.