A squat is a strength exercise in which the trainee lowers their hips from a standing position and then stands back up. During the descent of a squat, the hip and knee joints flex while the ankle joint dorsiflexes; conversely the hip and knee joints extend and the ankle joint plantarflexes when standing up. It is great excercise for develpoment of lower body strenght and size. It also work your core, upper back and lower back as well. Depending of squat variation you moving empathis on diferent body parts. Front squat are developing more front thights and core. Overhead squats developing more upper body strenght, upper back strenght and shoulders stability and strenght. Machine Hacksquats are more isolated just for lower body.
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart.
- Stand with your feet apart, directly under your
hips, and place your hands on bar with hips width.
- Tighten your stomach muscles. Take a deep breath
- Drive your knees and hips apart at the same time(knees goes forward and hips backwards)
- Lower down, as if sitting.
- Push trough your whole foo and straighten your legs.