Bent barbell row
The muscle groups worked during bent barbell row:
- Latissimus Dorsi (back)
- Posterior Shoulder, Rhomboids, Scapular Stabilizers.
- Forearms and Biceps (grip and some pulling)
- Spinal Erectors.
- Hamstrings and Glutes (positioning)
- Grip the barbell with a grip that’s similar in width to your
deadlift, or slightly wider. Once you’ve established your grip, lift
the bar off the ground and bend over maintaining a strong set
back and hip hinge.
- Once your stance, grip, and back/hip angle are established,
then it’s time to initiate the row. When beginning the pull, think
about bringing the elbows back as if you’re starting a
lawnmower, and focus on utilizing the latissimus dorsi to move
- At the top of the movement, squeeze the full upper back and
contract the lats without breaking your hip angle and set back.
Think about pulling the barbell fully to the body to ensure you’re
fully contracting the upper torso’s musculature.